Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Becoming Mongolian Princesses

Today we toured the Summer Palace. It was beautiful. When we first got there a group of people we dancing in the courtyard. There was an open invitiation to join s of course Bonnie and I joined right in. The summer garden is a peaceful place. I bought a cute panda hat there for Rachael from a lady selling things off the street. I got a pretty good deal too.

While touring we heardsome muic and was able to go explore a little. Bonnie and I found the music ans joined in the singing. We did not know theword until we looked on s Chinese ladys songbood good thing we can read Chinese WWe had a great time singing and the locals thought it was good fun for us to try to join in.

Later we wre asked to particpate in a circle dance while everyone sang. Quite a few people from the tour were also invited. We left the summer palace by purchasing our Mongolian princess crowns. We looked beautiful andI have something to wear on craxy hat day.

We visited a pearl factory next and after making our purchases we ate lunch. The food is starting to taste the same now. Rice, veggies, a little meat if we are lucky. I dont think I willl be going out to eat Chinese food fora long time.

We spent th afteroon at a school visiting students in private school. These kids stay at the school durung the week and go home for the weekend. There were kids from grades first throught twelfe there. It kind of looked like a prison. We learned caligraphy and oragmy at the school. After our lessons some of the studen s perrformed for us. Bonnie and I thought it would be a good idea to perform something for them...we came up with America the beautiful. The group actually sounded really nice. The tour guides did not really appreciate the sining but then again we are in a communist country.

Dinner was rice and veggies again. I cant to eat a taco or some spaghetti. Tomorrow we are going to a Budist temple and learning Ti Chie. I am still pretty sore from climbing the wall yesyerday,maybe tomorrow i will be doing better.

It has been a fun day and I am definitely ready for bed.

2 comments:

BreAnn said...

My my, what adventures! I hope you post pictures when you get back!

Megan said...

Even though I am no longer a teenage, I might have been embarrassed by all of your and my moms dancing and singing!