Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Relaxing Weekend

I have made a few New Year's resolutions this year....one is to be better at keeping up to date on my blog. I got out of the habit while going to school and now I never think of posting anything. Last week we started testing again at school. Testing the whole school takes me about a month. During that month I run around getting 30 to 60 computers ready for each student. While they are testing, I run around fixing the computers because the student alike to click everywhere and freeze the program. Every student in the school has about four tests and there are around 800 students. That is a lot of tests! To help unwind from all of the testing, Marty and I went to Midway this last weekend. We had a wonderful time. We stayed at the Blue Boar Inn, went on a sleigh ride and then soaked in the crater. The Crater is a geothermal pool. We walked through the snow and down a tunnel until we got to this nice warm pool. I never knew it existed until a few months ago. I think I will need to visit there every winter! After we returned home, we went to see the movie Lincoln. I loved the movie! This has been a very relaxing and fun weekend. To make this weekend even better, we get to talk to Joe tonight! It pays to have friends who work in the MTC. Joe leaves for New York City tomorrow morning. He will be teaching the gospel in Spanish. I know he will be a fantastic missionary. I will try to load pictures tomorrow. In case I don't get the chance, most of them are already on Facebook.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

The Geo thermal pool sounds so fun and relaxing. I want to go! I hope you have a good talk with Joe. I know he will be a great missionary!

Megan said...

I went to that geothermal pool with my BYU geology class. That would be so cool to go there in the winter.