Sunday, March 3, 2013

Why We Cannot Live Without Teenage Boys

After a very long and cold winter we have seen a few sunny and warm days. After school on Friday, I decided to take advantage of the warm, non-storming afternoon and move things around in the shed. I wanted to get the baby cradle out and washed and it was in the far back corner behind the mattresses and cabinets that I was saving after the fire. After working for about 15 minutes, and not accomplishing very much, I realized how much I really relied on Joe. Had he been here, I would have asked him to do all of this for me. He would have complained a little (maybe more than a little) but he would have done it all and I would have bought him a hamburger or taken him to Costa Vita for his efforts. As I was thinking about how I could have used Joe's help, a couple of teenage boys came over and asked if I needed help moving the mattresses. I jumped at the chance and quickly put them to work. They had everything done in about a half an hour. They had mattresses moved from the shed to down in the basement, the mattresses from the basement moved up stairs, the cradle moved into the house, and the shed cleaned. They even put a huge pile of tree branches in the garbage for me. They were not expecting the 20 dollar bills I handed them, but it was the best money I had spent in a long time.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love how teenage boys will do almost anything for food. Joe will babysit for me for hours if I buy him a value meal at any fast food restaurant. That is great that the teenagers came to help at the right time!