Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm Back!

It has been a long, long time since I have posted on my blog. I have filled my days with writing papers, participating in online discussions, and taking tests. Tomorrow I take a final. I have 3 papers that I need to reread a few mores times before I send them in as well as a few more discussions to do. I have taken 28 tests, written 24 papers, and have done about 30 discussion boards...I'm tired!

I spent from the middle of May to the middle of July completing 4 classes. Not the most fun way to spend a summer, but I am glad that I have them done.

Last week when I was at a point that I did not need to spend 10 hours a day online, I went on a little vacation. Kathleen and I went to the Rosebud Reservation, the Badlands, and then on to Rapid City South Dakota. It was fun to see where Marty's mother grew up. What a pretty place!(Marty and Joe went on the high adventure)



At Rapid City we met my dad and my aunt and went on to Mt. Rushmore and the Black Hills. I had never seen Mt. Rushmore or the Black Hills, they were wonderful!

We drove out to Crazy Horse, took some pictures and then headed back to Rapid City to make our journey to Yellowstone.

When we finally got to our hotel it was 3:30 am. We were exhausted. We went to the office, found out that everything was closed and that our key was supposed to be in a box. No key for us! We ended up sleeping in our cars in front of the hotel. When the people finally got there at 8:00 am, we found out that we had been forgotten. I think that was the worst hotel I have ever been in. The walls were paper thin and the bed was full of springs. There was popcorn under the bed and under the dresser, I was afraid that there were mice, but I didn't see any.

We tried to take a little nap and take a have a shower before we headed into the park. We stopped at a few of my favorite places and had a fun time seeing the park. I never get tired of Yellowstone!

That evening we went to the Pine Cone Playhouse and saw The Drowsy Chaperone. This was so much fun! I hope that they continue to have such fun plays year after year.

The next day we saw more of the park and some animals. I have been to Yellowstone many times, but have never seen a wolf. I was super excited to finally get to see one.


We saw Dirty Rotten Scoudrels at the Playmill. This was a great play too. We all loved it! I am glad that West Yellowstone has two places that we can go in the evenings.

We spent our last night at our wretched hotel and then headed home the next morning. I had Kathleen read one of my papers to me while I drove so that we could work on it. I think that it is ready to send in tomorrow (after I go over it a few dozen times)

4 comments:

Megan said...

I am glad you are back to blogging! It seems like you guys had a fun adventure. We were really surprised at how beautiful the Black Hills region was when we visited last year.

Anonymous said...

Your schooling is cramping my life {JK} I miss your bloggs!!! Sound like you have ANOTHER great adventure.Love the pictures. Carol

Bonnie said...

I love your pics. It is the weird hotel that makes the trip memorable.

Sarah D. said...

Hi Deanna! I don't know if you'll read this comment, but it's the only way I can tell you we're in Paris!Facebook and Hotmail won't work here.. but yeah, we arrived and we're waiting for the next flight! Love you!